Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Busy Month Already!!!!

Well, we do have the results back for Grandpa. They have taken him off of the Lipitor for another month and then we will see how he is doing. They also found out his sugar was higher than they liked so he is testing his blood sugar once a day and maintaining with diet at this point. He will go back on May 13th for a recheck and we feel everything will be okay. The bloody nose and the achy feeling in his bones and his legs seems to have subsided. While my brother Ken and his wife Debbie were here Al got real sick. Started dropping weight and couldn't eat. They had upped his Lipitor from 10 to 20 to 40. I freaked, but we went along with the program until bad things started happening and then I went to war with the heart doctor. They tried to tell me it couldn't be the Lipitor but I let them know that I KNEW better because I had already researched it. I had also made the appt. with the family doctor. She agreed with me.. They will start him on something else once the sugar is under complete control.... Meanwhile we are really minding our P's & Q's. (Grandpa does grumble but in the long run he will be happy)
Well, we love and miss all of you very much.......

1 comment: